Department of Obstetrics and Gynaecology is responsible for teaching the undergraduate medical students. The subject is designed to provide basic understanding of the subject including Obstetrics, neonatology, Gynaecology and Family Planning.
Its specific objectives are:
- Perform obstetric and gynecologic history and physical examinations along with effective interpretation and documentation of findings to ensure accuracy of the medical record.
- Apply clinical findings to develop an appropriate diagnosis and propose a prioritized management plan for common gynecologic problems.
- Apply principles of routine prenatal, intrapartum, and postpartum care to normal pregnancies and to common pregnancy-related problems.
- Apply recommended prevention and health maintenance strategies for women throughout their lifespan and be able to counsel women regaarding risk factors.
- Perform basic skills and procedures relevant to the practice of obstetrics and gynecology in a variety of clinical settings and in collaboration with the health care team.